Shopping With Eqco - Our Ts and Cs
Terms and Conditions of Use
The boring bits…our terms and conditions are pretty standard and designed to enhance your online shopping experience making it as easy and secure as possible.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of the eqco.co.uk website. By placing an order with us, you are agreeing to accept these terms and conditions (The Conditions).
Please note that these terms and conditions can potentially change at any time and it is your responsibility to check them regularly before placing an order in case there are any changes. If you do not agree with the terms and conditions set out below, you should not use or access this website.
If you have any queries relating to our terms and conditions, please contact the Customer Service team before placing an order.
eqco.co.uk is the website of Eqco Horse and Pet Wear, 3 Church Road, Little Gaddesden, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NX. Not yet VAT registered. The following terms and conditions will apply between you and Eqco when you buy an item from eqco.co.uk. The terms do not affect your statutory rights.
- Your contract for purchases made through eqco.co.uk is with Eqco and you undertake that all goods ordered by you are for your own private and domestic use only and are not for resale.
- You must be eighteen years old or older to use this site. If you are under eighteen, you can use this site only with the agreement of, and under the supervision of, a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use this site.
- You warrant that all details you provide to eqco.co.uk for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods are true, accurate, current and complete in all respects; and that the credit or debit card or PayPal account you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds in your account to cover payment of the product(s) ordered.
- You agree that email can be used as a long-distance means of communication.
- During the registration process, you must choose a username and password. You are responsible for all actions taken under that username and password and must only purchase from eqco.co.uk under your own username and password. You must make every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to anyone. If you think someone else might know it, you must change it. You may not transfer or sell your username to anyone, nor permit, either directly or indirectly, anyone to use your username or password. If there are any changes to the details supplied by you it is your responsibility to inform Eqco as soon as possible.
- It is a crime to use a false name or a known invalid credit or debit card to order. Anyone caught deliberately entering an incorrect or fictitious order will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Eqco tracks the electronic 'fingerprints' of every order placed on eqco.co.uk to enable us, and all legitimate crime prevention and prosecution authorities, to trace individual users engaging in criminal activities on or using our website.
- Eqco reserves the right to end our agreement with you and to suspend or terminate your access to the site immediately and without notice to you if:-
- you fail to make payment to us when due
- you breach any of our terms and conditions
- when requested by us to do so, you fail to provide within a reasonable time frame, enough information to let us to check the accuracy and validity of any information supplied by you, or your identity
- we suspect you have engaged, or are about to engage, or have way of being involved in fraudulent or illegal activity on eqco.co.uk
Your responsibilities if you break these Conditions
You agree that if you break these Conditions, or any liabilities are incurred arising out of your use of this website, you will be responsible for the costs and expenses that we or our officers, directors, employees, agents and suppliers incur as a result of the breach, including reasonable legal fees (if applicable). You will remain liable if someone else uses your shopping account and/or personal information unless you can prove that such use was fraudulent.
- When placing an order, you agree that any and all information given is accurate and complete.
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability.
- Availability information for products is listed on each individual product description. If eqco.co.uk cannot deliver the goods you have ordered, we will refund you to the original payment card.
- All prices listed on eqco.co.uk are correct at the time of entering the information, however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time. VAT is not yet applicable since Eqco is not yet VAT registered.
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and eqco.co.uk until we accept your order by receiving payment for the product from you. When this happens we will confirm the acceptance by sending you an email or letting you know that your order is being dispatched.
- You must check all the details on your invoice are correct and contact us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- If your order has not been accepted, we will contact you telling you the reasons why.
- Discount vouchers, codes and offers cannot be used on sale products.
- You can exchange Eqco gift vouchers, to the value indicated, wholly or partly for Eqco items listed from time to time on our website (www.eqco.co.uk) excluding sale items using the discount code issued to the purchaser.
- Gift vouchers and unused portions thereof, expire from a set date after the date of issue which will vary depending on the type of gift voucher won or purchased but within a maximum of one calendar year.
- Gift vouchers can not be exchanged for cash or for goods already supplied or ordered.
- If your order exceeds the value of the gift voucher, the balance must be paid.
- If you return an item supplied in exchange for a gift voucher, we will credit your account with the value of the item. No cash refunds will be given.
- You cannot use a gift voucher to purchase another gift voucher.
- We regret that we cannot re-issue lost, stolen, mislaid or damaged gift vouchers.
- Our normal terms & conditions of purchase (as varied by these terms and conditions) apply to items supplied in exchange for a gift voucher.
- The delivery period stated within which you will receive your order is approximate. Goods will be sent to the address given by you in your order. If you are ordering more than one item, your goods may be sent to you in instalments.
- If your delivery address is outside the UK, you may have to pay import duties and taxes, which are levied once a shipment reaches your country. You must meet any additional charges for customs clearance yourself. Please note, customs policies vary widely from country to country. We recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
- Please note international shipments may be subject to cross-border inspections by customs authorities.
- Prices quoted are based on UK mainland delivery.
- eqco.co.uk accepts most major credit/debit cards.
- All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Cancelling an Order/Returns Procedure
- Made to order items are non-refundable and cannot be cancelled once payment has been taken.
- If you haven’t submitted an order, you can clear the items in your shopping basket at any time by clicking the ‘Remove’ button next to the product you no longer want to purchase in you shopping basket.
- If you have ordered a non bespoke/made to order item but then would like to change or cancel it, please contact us as soon as you can since orders move rapidly when in stock. We will try our best to make any changes but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so as the order may already have been processed. In such cases, you may have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the normal Returns procedures.
- Once we've heard from you that you would like to cancel an order, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to that credit or debit account within 14 days of your order, provided the goods you return to us are in exactly the same condition that they were when delivered to you (i.e. do not smell, have no dirt or marks on them and no horse or dog hair!). You will be liable for any charges incurred when returning the goods to eqco.co.uk, unless the return is as a result of an error on our side.
- If you paid for premium or express delivery, we will only refund the cost of standard delivery since we incur additional costs for other services. You will have to pay the costs of sending the order back to us. We will not refund any postage and packing charges if you cancel after the 14 days allowed under the Distance Selling Regulations or if you only cancel part of your order (although you still have three months to return your goods and receive a refund for the cost of the goods).
- You can cancel this contract if you so desire, provided that you exercise your right to do so within 14 working days after the day on which you receive the products.
- If you would like to cancel your order, please follow the procedure set out in our Returns procedure.
- You can return most items sold by eqco.co.uk within three months of receipt from the date of despatch for a full refund. For more information, please refer to our Returns procedure.
- eqco.co.uk will be happy to exchange for the same item most products that are damaged, faulty or incorrectly shipped through any circumstance that is in our error within three months from the date of despatch. For more information, please refer to our exchange procedure.
- eqco.co.uk will not pass on your personal, credit or debit card details to any third party.
- We will never ask for personal details via email. If you receive an unsolicited email asking you for your eqco.co.uk log in details, please contact our Customer Service team immediately.
- We do not accept liability (except as set out below) for any errors and/or omissions contained in our website and reserve the right to change information, prices, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services at any time and without notice.
- If an error is discovered in the price of the goods that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible. We shall be under no obligation to fulfil an order for a product that was advertised at an incorrect price. In the event that you order an item and the price published on eqco.co.uk is incorrect for any reason, we will email you to inform you that we have not accepted your order, and that your order has been cancelled. You will be advised of the correct price of the subject product. You can re-order it if you would like to. If you have already paid for the goods in the circumstances described in this clause, we shall refund the full amount within 30 days of the date of order. Should you choose to re-order at the correct price, a separate transaction will be posted to your credit or debit card or PayPal account.
- In the unlikely event that you receive goods which were not what you ordered or which are damaged or defective, or are of a different quantity from that stated on your order form, we shall make good any shortage or non-delivery, replace or repair any damaged or defective goods, or refund to you the amount you paid for the goods in question provided that you notify us of the problem in writing at the address stated in the confirmation email within 14 working days of delivery of the goods plus return the goods to us, unless we inform you that return is not necessary. This provision does not affect your statutory rights.
- We have taken every measure to provide accurate product images for each product for sale on the site. However, due to a number of different factors such as Internet browsers, monitor colour contrasts etc., we cannot be held responsible or liable for any differences in colour between the image and the actual product.
- The products sold on eqco.co.uk are provided for private domestic and consumer use only. Accordingly, we do not accept liability for any indirect loss, consequential loss, loss of data, loss of income or profit, loss of damage to property and/or loss from claims of third parties arising out of the use of the Site or for any products or services purchased from eqco.co.uk
- We have taken every measure to prevent Internet fraud and ensure any data collected from you is stored as securely and safely as possible. However, we cannot be held liable in the extremely unlikely event of a breach in our secure computer servers.
- We shall have no liability to you for any delay in the delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions and any other similar events.
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the conditions for:
- Any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings); or
- Any loss of goodwill or reputation; or
- Any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
- Nothing in the Conditions shall exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or that of our servants, agents or employees
All rights, including copyright, in the content of the eqco.co.uk web pages are owned or controlled by Eqco Horse and Pet Wear. In accessing eqco.co.uk web pages, you agree that you may only download the content for your own individual and non-commercial use. You are not permitted to copy, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of the eqco.co.uk web pages for any other purpose whatsoever without the prior written permission of Eqco Horse and Pet Wear.
Third Party Information
We can not be held responsible for material displayed on third party websites or any other written material. The only prices that apply for Eqco Horse and Pet Wear products are those stated on the Eqco material. We can not vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or through any other third party.
No waiver by us shall be construed as a waiver of any proceeding or succeeding breach of any provision.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.
These Conditions govern our relationship with you. Any changes to these Conditions must be in writing and signed by both parties. In this way, we can avoid any problems surrounding what Eqco Horse and Pet Wear and you are expected to do. You confirm that, in agreeing to accept the Conditions, you have not relied on any representation except where that representation has been made a term of these Conditions and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any representation. Your statutory rights are not affected by these terms and conditions. Nothing in this Clause shall limit or exclude our liability in respect of any fraudulent or negligent misrepresentation whether or not such has become a term of the Conditions.
The Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.